Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mayor Marge Brown, Oregon

Marge Brown has been serving the City of Oregon as mayor since 2001. For more information on Mayor Brown, please visit:

http://www.ci.oregon.oh.us/citycouncil/profile/profile.htm


_______________________________________________________

1. What prompted you to pursue a career in public service?
I got started in the Public service end to give back to my community the great things I was able to enjoy.

2. Describe the process it took for you to get into office.
I campaigned for this position by knocking on doors.

3. What advice do you have for young people considering public service
as a career?
To the young people I would tell them to get involved in the grass roots. Choose someone they believe in and work on their campaign. The Public Servant bug will be sure to bite them.

No comments: